Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Camp NaNoWriMo - Day 5 - It must have been the Doritos

Even though I'm at that stage of tiredness where my brain feels hot, I reached 14,239 words today.

One thing I know I'm going to have to work on when I start tearing this thing up is maintaining a consistent tone.  Now that I'm a few days in and more comfortable with the act of writing, the tone is changing to something more natural to me.  I'll have to retrofit that into the previous four chapters.

Overall, I'm pleased with the way things are going so far.  I have a pretty good idea what needs to happen in chapters six and seven, though I'm not sure when I want the action to pick up.  I think Cooper is going to have to be in the dark for a few more chapters at least, even though he started sweating bullets today for the first time.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to treat myself to some reading before I go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment