Monday, July 25, 2011

Camp NaNoWriMo - Day 25

I looked at my work calendar when I got in today and realized Camp NaNoWriMo is over.  Yeah, I knew it was over yesterday when I finished my story but it didn't really sink in until this morning.  I may be suffering from a bit of post-NaNo depression.

Sunday nights are usually a crap shoot for me.  If I sleep too late, the schedule is thrown out the window, and if I stay out late on Saturday, I frequently need a nap in the afternoon, also leading to the schedule being tossed.  I don't know what my problem was last night but I could not get my brain to shut up.  I kept thinking about what I'm going to write for Camp NaNoWriMo in August and thought about adding some more detail to the last chapter of Sweating Bullets and tossing out the epilogue all together. 

Right now, here's what I'm planning to write in August.  I have a week to change my mind, though.  Since it's not the big deal NaNoWriMo in November, I think I can write a couple novellas and call it a day.  If not, I'll pretend its a novel and call it Tentacle Mustache Double Feature and throw some kind of framing sequences around it.
  • Dukes of Alhazred - Dukes of Hazzard/Call of Cthulhu/Back to the Future hybrid about a guy who goes back in time to stop Schneider and Wopat from leaving the Dukes of Hazzard for a season.  I should probably mention that the guy goes back in time using a Dodge Charger resembling the General Lee that's powered by magic/alien science gleened from the Necronomicon.
  • Murder Lake Massacre (or Spring Break Slaughterhose) - A string of chainsaw killings brings Sister Mary Hatchet to Marder Lake (aka Murder Lake).  It looks like Sister Mary Slaughterhouse is running wild after the events of Sweating Bullets.  But is there a method to her madness?
There's still a chance I could change my mind and write Long Green Goodbye but I don't think I'm up for a full length novel.  Two 25k novellas sounds like plenty of work and a lot more fun at the moment.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like such a fun series! Congrats on your Camp NaNo effort!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on finishing your novel! I don't think I would be willing to do two months of nanowrimo in a row. I'd need a nice long break and some time to start editing my other novel that I neglected to write a new one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Trisha - Thanks. It was fun to write. I won't know how fun it is to read until I start editing.

    @Krista M - The way I look at it, I'm never going to have as much free time to write as I do right now so I should taking advantage. Besides, there will be plenty of time for editing in September and October.

    ReplyDelete