Monday, July 18, 2011

Camp NaNoWriMo - Day 18

After giving another Camper the advice to take the night off, I took the night off myself last night.  It was okay but I felt like I should have used the time to get ahead in my word count.  Instead, I got grociers, unwound with a couple beers, and read fifty pages in Ask the Parrot, the second last Parker book by Richard Stark.  I also wasted a shameful amount of time on Facebook.

According to my calendar at work, I should be hitting 50k sometime on Thursday.  I'm not sure how much story is left after that.  After today, I have the following events to cover and am not sure how long any of them are going to take:
  • Cooper training for the eating contest
  • The nuns having a crisis of faith over the revelations they learned from Nathaniel
  • The disastrous first attempt to stop the Gray Coven
  • Debbie getting home to find Cooper in a compromising postion with Sister Mary Hatchet
  • The Eating Contest
  • Detective Pope showing up to throw a wrench in the works
  • Jailbreak (probably, I'm a little fuzzy there)
  • The Summoning
  • The aftermath
I'm hoping to finish with time to spare.  I still have to figure out what I'm doing for the August camp.  Man, I may be a little crazy for attempting two 50k months in a row.  Plus, the real deal is coming up again in November.

3 comments:

  1. Phew, 2 50k months. I could not do it. Of course it took me 10 yrs of off and on to finish my first novel. I say - way to go and keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not as hard as it sounds. It's only 1666.666 words per day in November.

    I think it took me a year and a half to finish my first book. I'm much more productive when there are bragging rights at stake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the advice! It really did help me. :) Hope that you caught up on some writing today. A break really was nice. :)

    ReplyDelete