Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Camp NaNoWriMo - Day 12: Time to Relax

I just finished chapter 12 and hit 30,795 words.  I'm finally ahead of where I need to be and I left off at a place that's going to be fun to write tomorrow.  I don't think I've ever written a battle with this many characters before but it should be fun.

I think I'm going to relax a bit before bed and make some progress in Wolves of the Calla.  Until tomorrow, here's a small exchange between the nuns.


"How are you feeling, Severa?" Hatchet asked.
"Tired but okay. Why?" Severa said.
"No reason," Hatchet said.
"Why, Hatchet?" Severa asked with a little more force.
"Sister Mary Caligula has called us to her office. There's a good chance we're in trouble."
"Why? We didn't do anything wrong. It isn't our fault that that maniac was also investigating Cooper."
"Yeah, but we probably shouldn't have left the saws in the car. We could have carved his ass up like a Christmas goose."
"You're so eloquent, Hatchet. If someone listened to recordings of the Sermon on the Mount and what you just said, I doubt they could tell the difference," Severa said.

3 comments:

  1. 30k in 12 days? You need hero music when you walk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I'll try to imagine the John Williams Superman theme tomorrow whenever I enter a room.

    ReplyDelete