Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Life After the Dark Tower

Last night around 6, I finished my second full read of the Dark Tower saga.  I think the deaths were hard to take because I spent so much time reading and re-reading the first four books in ice age-long gap between the publishing of the fourth and fifth book.  I'll definitely be re-reading the series again but hopefully it won't take me seven years to start the journey again.

Once I finished and Roland returned to the beginning of his quest, I did some housework and shaved off the several days worth of stubble I'd accumulated.  I'm really excited about the book Stephen King has coming out that bridges the gap between Wizard and Glass and Wolves of the Calla.

I went a little out of control over the past couple of weeks and my unread pile is now at 30 books.  I'm not sure I'm going to be able to knock them all out by the end of the year.  Speaking reading...

Re-Reading goals for 2012:
  1. The Big Sleep
  2. Red Harvest
  3. The Earthsea Trilogy
  4. All the P.G. Wodehouse Jeeves and Wooster Novels
  5. All of Fritz Leiber's Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser stories

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about that out of control reading pile. I'll look forward to your reviews of The Big Sleep and Red Harvest, especially after just reading Ace Atkin's book with Dashiell Hammett as the major character.

    ReplyDelete