Thursday, August 4, 2011

Camp NaNoWriMo - Day 4: Photos

I took some photos of writerly things when I got home.  And here they are.  I'd describe them as organized chaos.

This is my five year old laptop, sitting on my fifty year old desk. 



Notice the NaNoWriMo All-Star sticker.




Here is the drawer of post-its past, remnants of stories I may or may not have finished.




Here's a closeup.  The sketch at the bottom is of The Falconer, the hero of a 30,000 word novella I wrote a few years ago.  I had big plans for The Falconer until I realized his story was a fantasy version of the Clint Eastwood western, Hang 'Em High.



Here's the Office notebook I used in NaNoWriMo's 2009 and 2010.





Here's the tiny notebook I used for July's Camp NaNoWriMo.  Isn't it cute?  I got four for a buck at the Dollar Tree.



Inside July's notebook.




Here's the notebook I'm using for August's Camp.





Notebook interior:



My Camp NaNoWriMo care package arrived today.





Here's what was inside.  I doubt I'll use the pen and notebook.  They are mostly for keepsakes.






I suppose I should eat dinner and do some actual writing now.

3 comments:

  1. Those are pretty cool! I have little slips of paper all over with parts of story ideas on them, but I would never think of keeping them in a drawer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me smile with my whole heart. Your drawer of postits is like the wardrobe from the Lion, the Witch and The Wardrobe...wikid and beautiful things lie inside.

    And I can't believe you just made me order the Nanowrimo Care Package...I'm in it for the patch.


    Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The post-its ended up in the drawer after I gathered them up from their various resting places and couldn't bear to throw any of them away. Plus, it's fun to take one out at random and try to interpret it. The one I'm looking at now says "flying robot seahorse."

    I hope you enjoy the care package, Coaster. It has a nice wood smell to it.

    ReplyDelete