Thursday, August 11, 2011

Camp NaNoWriMo - Day 11: I've got Good News and Bad News

Good News:
I remembered I made a haircut appointment and got my haircut.  I feel pretty streamlined at the moment.

Bad News:
I'm shelving Murder Lake Massacre for the moment.  It's just not working the way it is.  See the next Good News for details.

Good News:
I've decided that my killing off of Sister Mary Severa in Sweating Bullets was a mistake.  I'll fix that during September's editing.  When I resume work on Murder Lake Massacre, it will be with the good nun/bad nun dynamic I enjoyed so much in Sweating Bullets.

Bad News:
I suppose that means I won't be doing back to back 50k drafts.

Good News:
I'm still counting the 20k I've done so far.  Tonight, I'm taking a break from actual writing.  I'm going to outline the short story for Jim Steele's contest and write down all the notes I can think of for Spider Girls in Heat.  Tomorrow I'll begin writing anew.  I'm fairly confident I'll still hit 50k by the end of the month, legality of my work be damned.

That's about all I have.  I'm going to walk my hound and make with the outlining.  The sooner I get done, the sooner I can start reading Darwin's Blade.  Why the hell did I tell Kemper I'd wait for him to start reading The Magician King?

2 comments:

  1. Funny how what seemed like a great idea at the time can turn out to be the main thing you need to go back on later - Mary Severa in this case. Love the concept of the good nun/bad nun. Really do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, sorry about the bad news and congrats about the good news. Sometimes a book doesn't go where you want and needs redone. And sometimes it works out. :)

    ReplyDelete