Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Camp NaNoWriMo - Day 3: Getting Started

I don't know about everyone else but getting started is always the hardest part for me.  It's hard to sit down and focus on writing when everything else in the world is easier.  Anyway, I've been at it for fifteen minutes and it hasn't killed me yet.  In fact, I wrote something that entertained me that I want to share.


"How the hell do you identify a corpse when the head is missing?" Horace asked as he followed the coroner's van back to Burnfield.

"I think it's Rick Stone. He was a friend of the Cox girl and the height and weight seem about right to me," Jason said, staring out the window.

"By God, Fink, how did you figure that out? More of that criminology you're always yapping about?"

"Partly criminology but mostly the wallet I found in the pocket of his shorts while you and Ernie were busy talking about how to keep things quiet."

Horace looked at Jason and shook his head. "Nobody likes a smart ass, Fink."

Back to it.  The Burnfield PD sure isn't going to crack this case without me.

No comments:

Post a Comment