Thursday, August 25, 2011

A Few Things I Don't Understand

  1. Why do people call it a hot water heater?  It's a water heater.  The "heat" implies the "hot".  There's no such thing as a cold water heater.
  2. What's with people leaving five seconds on the microwave clock and walking away?  How hard is it to let the last five seconds tick away?  Or, if it's the beep at the end you're afraid of, clear the remaining time as a courtesy to the next user.
  3. Why do people feel the need to dog-ear the corners of pages of books that aren't their's?  Do they not have a piece of paper in their house?
  4. Peanut Butter in the fridge?  Completely unnecessary.
  5. Whenever I notice people playing with their phones during every spare moment, it gives me pause.  What did these people do to avoid their own thoughts before cellphones became so prevalent?

That's all I have at the moment.  I'm sure I'll run into a few other things I don't understand at some point in the future.

5 comments:

  1. I must confess I play with my phone a lot - mostly to avoid interacting with people I didnt want to interact with before, but did anyway because I couldn't pretend to bo doing anything different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny, I was just telling someone a little bit ago that I was thinking about carrying a fake phone in my pocket so I could pretend to take calls when I wanted to get out of a conversation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me help you out:
    1. Because
    2. As someone guilty of this I know that the food is best with 8 seconds left. This knowledge requires years of microwave eating and a bit of the crazy.
    3. These people are jackholes. Avoid.
    4. I've only recently discovered peanut butter and was unaware that it didn't need to be in the frige. 100% true, for real. I didn't think I'd like it until I had it late last year. But I refigerate everything: bread, jam, everything.
    5. I don't even-
    5.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Coaster - I'll have to see if leaving 8 seconds on the clock improves my leftover dining experience. You never had peanut butter until last year? I can understand never seeing the Matrix but peanut butter?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hehe, nice thoughts! I agree with them all.

    ReplyDelete