Sunday, November 28, 2010

Tomorrow - The rewriting begins

Even though I never finished the first draft of Wandering the Web of Worlds, I'm calling what I'll begin doing tomorrow the second draft.  I hate that I had to stop at the 66% mark but I was running into walls with the characters' personalities.  If I can eliminate one or two characters from the mix, I think I'll be in good shape.  The thing that terrifies me about starting the second draft at this stage is that I'm afraid I'll end up not finishing the story and I'll have pushed myself into a lot of writing for nothing.

In the mean time, I'm enjoying a reading vacation.  I went from reading two or three books a week prior to NaNoWriMo down to one a week.  I think my New Year's resolution this year will be to balance the reading and writing rather than going in binges.

Speaking of resolutions, I don't remember the ones I made last year.  I'll just assume I accomplished them with flying colors.  Wait, I do remember resolving to get caught up on the Hard Case Crime series before 2011 hit.  Since I have seven left, I'd say it's not completely out of the realm of possibility.  I've done two a day on winter weekends before.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your rewrite. I absolutely LOVE the first eight chapters, so I hope you finish it! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete