Friday, November 5, 2010

High Noon, NaNoWriMo Day 5

It right around lunchtine on day five.  How am I doing?  I've done about 2000 words today and I'm about a fourth of the way through Chapter 7.  Getting all of the magicians to Valaric's house is taking a lot longer than I thought it would.  It might take me two or more chapters to get everyone there.  I'm already noting things I'll probably change when I pick it over sometime in January.  I'm shooting for having 25,000 words by Monday morning but we'll see if I can do it.

One thing I've noticed since NaNoWriMo started is that Valaric is changing a lot as a character from the generic wizard I'd pictured him as when I conceived of the story earlier in the year.  Some of the new characteristics are mine but I'm not sure where some of the stuff comes from.

In the interest of ensuring my karmic balance is tilting toward the good side of the spectrum, check out this writing by Michael Barron.  It's called Wilderness.  Picture Calvin and Hobbes written by Neil Gaiman.  Sounds intriguing, doesn't it?  If you like it, friend his group on Facebook.  If not, do it anyway.  It won't kill you.  Michael needs your support and won't send you more penis enlargement spam than you would normally get.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to squeeze some writing into my lunch break.  Thorvald isn't going to tell the story of Sigard's flight to the stars on the back of a six legged winged bear by himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment