Wednesday, November 10, 2010

NaNoWriMo Day 10 - Chapter What?

NaNoWriMo continues to march forward on its tenth day.  I was about halfway through chapter 13 when I reallized what I was working on should actually be chapter 14 and there should be a Fenlock chapter in between.  Otherwise, it looks like the magicians don't know what they're doing, leaving Rannon Claw missing for chapters without seeming to be concerned.  So, I'll be banging out the 14th chapter before returning to the 13th later.

In other news, I made a rookie mistake two days ago when I bought a boneless chuck roast with an eye toward cooking it in the crock pot without examining it first.  Yesterday morning, I put it in the crock along with an envelope of onion soup mix, a can of PBR, a can of beef broth, and two cans of diced tomatoes.  When I got home from work, the whole house smelled delightful but when I opened the crock, I discovered that the roast must have been about 60% fat.  There were only four or five decent sized hunks of meat.  In an effort to salvage the situation, I poured in three cups of minute rice and let it cook in the juice.  The results were tastey but not as meaty as I was hoping.

I guess I'd better get back to it.  There is some interplay with Fenlock and the other characters I'm looking forward to writing.

3 comments:

  1. i find it completely crazy that you write in chapters. I can't separate into chapters until the first draft is done

    ReplyDelete
  2. Writing in chapters forces me to do more than the minimum of writing every day. It's really hard for me to stop writing with a chapter unfinished. I also do my outline in chapters, though I usually have to make adjustments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dan-that spaced-out food error had me laughing. And it is also funny because I'm getting ready to post a Nano eating guide on my blog! (Stay tuned) BTW, thanks for the follow, I am now following you too!
    As far as the chapter snafus, I learned from doing a choose-your-own- adventure book last summer to forget about chapters or pagination and just divide the parts up as "scenes" in bold-faced type as you forge ahead at breakneck speed (or not). MUCH easier!!! You can go back later after Nano's over and figure it all out. Good luck with your writing this month (and every month). Catherine

    ReplyDelete