As time travelers always so, I have a multitude of good reasons for wanting to tamper with history.
- I didn't have a handle on Valaric when I started and that becomes more apparent with every scene he's in. He's pretty much a generic wizard character and since he's my lead, that's no good. I've got some idea for him, like a fascination with technology, guilt over some deaths he may or may not have caused on the expedition to the tunnels at the north pole.
- Ebeneezer Froad didn't have much of a personality when I started but developed quite nicely over time. I'm going to give him more to do and more of mentor role to the rest of the characters
- I want to speed up the first few chapter, such as the building of the Silver Scarab and the arrival of the other magicians. It drags a bit as it is. Also, it will flesh out Malvernia quite a bit more if I have Valaric in action rather than hiding out.
- The League of Scientists gets a mention but no face time. As I said, I want Valaric to be more conflicted about his role in things
- I've got a few too many magicians on board and not enough for them to do. I think if I shrink the Silver Scarab and combine the interesting aspects of some of the characters, the whole thing will feel tighter. I think I can lose Jochi fairly easily and combine Glitch and Zephalmachus into one more interesting character.
- More Fenlock. I glossed over Fenlock's time at the Hall of Forty Seven Imponderables and could get more out of things with another Fenlock chapter.