Monday, November 15, 2010

NaNoWriMo Day 15 - Back in the Saddle

I took a look at my work calendar this morning and saw that despite my mini-vacation yesterday, I'm still on pace to hit 100k by the 30th. While I'm still planning on trying to do it, it's not going to be taking over my life like it has been.

Work on rewriting the dreaded moon chapters is progressing.  I finished the second one this morning, 95% new material, and its probably my favorite piece of writing so far in NaNo 2010. Splitting the group up and letting the individual magicians strut their stuff a bit is proving to be great for the story.  They're starting to act like a team rather than a bunch of people standing around while Jochi and Jong do all the work.  I think I have two or three more to write, then a little cleanup of the space-time continuum to make sure everything lines up with what I've already written.

In non-NaNo news, Thanksgiving #1 was yesterday and it was a complete success, despite my coming in last in the dreaded game of Mexican Train.  Much food was consumed, the effects of which are still being felt today.  I took some pictures but got home too late to upload any of them.  I'll have to take care of that this evening.

2 comments:

  1. omg omg OMG!!! You play Mexican Train?! We play Mexican Train in my family! Your coolness factor just rose exponentially

    ReplyDelete
  2. We play Mexican Train at all Carrie's family gatherings and most of mine. Mexican Train and dice games like Farkle have the best fun to prep time ratio for family gatherings.

    ReplyDelete