Wednesday, November 17, 2010

That was rough

I have a NaNoWriMo confession to make: two of the magicians I created were specifically so I'd have some people to kill off at dramatically appropriate times.  Yeah, so why was it so hard for me to kill of Ebeneezer Froad?

He started off as a cranky old wizard and developed some Gandalf-type qualities over time.  I wasn't even sure he was going to die at Nal Sakaar until he handed his staff to Glitch, passing the torch.  I almost teared up when Valaric was too choked up to say goodbye to his old master and when Kashgar Jong admitted his respect.

I had a hard time getting any writing done today and I think it was because I wasn't ready for Froad to die.  Once I got home, I rearranged what I wrote and busted out the rest of the chapter.  It was still hard though.  I'm going to go watch the Middle and try not to think about how I'm going to feel when a couple other characters have to die.

No comments:

Post a Comment