Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Day 9

Day Nine is slowly dissolving before our very eyes.  I'm about 1/4th of the way through Chapter 12, somewhere in the 29k's.  The magicians are on the moon and fighting a hydra-like monster called the Demon's Beard.  They've already met their first friendly, a panda-like humanoid called a tanjar, and have found some clues that will help them on their search.  Plans are to finish Chapter 12 tonight but I'll probably allow myself to eat first.  I have to finish the conflict on the moon and get them moving toward their next destination.

I know I keep saying it but I have got to work on my outline once this chapter is over.  I'm nearing the point where Fenlock will be found stowing away and things get trickier after that.

It was rough figuring out what kind of monster the magicians would encounter on the moon.  I was set to use six-legged lizards with rows of needle-like teeth but I remembered I used them last year in Sailors on the Sea of Dead Gods and carnivorous salamanders in NaNoWriMo 2008's A Summer At Thornhill Manner.  It's way to early to be repeating my monsters already.

No comments:

Post a Comment