Thursday, November 11, 2010

Day 11 - The Afternoon

As I said at Thinking Caps on Chaps yesterday, sometimes getting in the day's writing is like an eight hour shift at a coal mine.  I did about 2500 words this morning and every one of them had to be coaxed out.  I think I'm suffering from a bit of burnout.  Maybe not being able to write for most of Sunday will be good for me.

I may have created too large a cast of characters for Wandering the Web of Worlds.  Once Fenlock goes off on his own, I don't think it will be as big of a problem but there isn't a lot for most of the characters to do aboard the Silver Scarab. 

Things I'm going to change in the second draft:
  • I'm scrapping the Demon's Beard and coming up with something else for the magicians to battle on the moon.
  • I need another name for the Black Shells, the Dyson Spheres made of black crystal that contain the suns and planets
  • I'll probably change the High Oligarch's appearance and NOT have her reveal her face to Valaric.
  • Work more character moments into the narrative.

2 comments:

  1. You're not doing sci-fi right unless you have an oversized cast list!

    Sounds like you've got your work cut out for you, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'm conflicted on the number of characters but I think I have a handle on it now. I just might have to kill one earlier than originally planned once I introduce the main villains.

    ReplyDelete