Monday, November 22, 2010

Day 22 - Still on Track

Well, Day 22 is upon us. NaNoWriMo is withering away to nothing and for many there are only 8 days left to hit the magical 50k.

I'm at just over 74k, still on pace to hit 100k by the end of the month if I play my cards right.  I'm thinking the story will go to 120k now.  Don't tell anyone but I'm already getting ideas together for changes I want to make in the second draft.  More and more steampunk keeps trying to creep into the story and I'm thinking about combining aspects of some of the characters and tossing away the withered husks I don't use.  I'm actively resisting going back and revising now before I get to the end.

In non-NaNoWriMo news, I have two weeks of pictures I need to go through and possibly upload.  Fortunately for me, the weather is limiting my opportunities to take pictures of insects, although the spider in my basement keeps tempting me.  He's kind of a smartass; the other day I found a web woven on my weight bench.  Even my basement spider thinks I've been neglecting my workouts lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment