Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Day 23 - Starting chapter 30

We're now just a week away from the end of NaNoWriMo.  I'm a paragraph into chapter 30 and have another 15-20 chapters to go after that unless my estimates are way off.  Once the two groups find the Midar homeworld, I'm not sure how long it's going to take to get them back home.

The story continues to progress but I can tell from some of my writing that I'm wearing down.  Reading during lunch breaks and for half an hour or so before I go to bed helps.  I think I need a night that doesn't involve going to bed at 10 and getting up at 4:30 for work.

I've come up with lots of things I know I'm going to change for the second draft but I'm restraining myself to start on them until I finish this version of the story.  I need the whole thing down on paper before I start revising.  I'm planning on redoing the way I get the magicians together in the beginning and detailing the world more before the magicians leave it behind.  I'm also going to beef up the role of the characters that wind up getting killed to make their deaths more meaningful.  Part of me wants to combine the characters of Valaric and Glitch but that might be too drastic.

I'd better get back to it.  Fenlock and Zora aren't going to get to Sargasso on their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment