Saturday, November 13, 2010

Day 13 - Status

Seconds ago, I crossed the 50,000 word mark.  I feel a sense of relief knowing that I crossed the official number of words required to "win."  There's a lot of story left to write, starting with the re-write of the moon chapters, which will likely turn 2 chapters into 4-6.  Even if I didn't re-write those chapters, I think I'm only 50% of the way through my story.  Still, 50k in thirteen days is quite a feat for me.  I'm going to celebrate by doing the dishes I've been neglecting the past two weeks and do some much needed cleaning.  After that, I think I'll do some reading.

I know I saw this every NaNoWriMo but I have got to stay in the habit of writing once this story is finished.  The hardest part of writing for me is putting aside my books and TV and just doing it.  I've got other stories in me that need telling and I'm the only one who knows how they end.

Cheers, fellow NaNoWriMo contestants.  I'll be icing up the keg for you at the finish line.

No comments:

Post a Comment