Monday, November 1, 2010

NaNoWriMo - Day One

I'll get the downers out of the way first.  That way the good things seem damn good.
  • Still no hot water.  The water heater is definitely showing up tomorrow
  • My neighbor's delightful cat shat in my yard.  I proceeded to step in it and track it throughout the house before I realized that stench was coming from my shoe.
  • My back aches from my uncomfortable chair.  I switched to a wooden kitchen chair around noon.  It helped.
Now for the good stuff:
  • I got up early and wrote before working from home.  I am now just a shade under 3300 words.  Not bad for the first day.
  • The story flowed more smoothly than I thought.  While I don't think I'll be able to consistently write 3300 words a day, I should be able to bust out a chapter without too much trouble.  I'm about a chapter and a third into the story.  I wanted to write the entire second chapter today since it introduces that asshole Fenlock but I was too fried after the first.  The Fenlock piece still reminds me of a John Cleese bit but I'm keeping it the way it is.
  • The water heater is definitely showing up tomorrow.
That's about all I have.  I'm still a little fried from today's exertions.

2 comments:

  1. my first day was a little rougher than i would have liked. I mean, i got my word count in and it only took about an hour, but it seemed a bit of a struggle. I think i just need some warm up time

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're probably right. I don't feel nearly as fried as I did yesterday at this time. Fiction is so much more taxing to write than blog entries.

    ReplyDelete