Saturday, November 27, 2010

Day 27 - Definitely Stuck

I managed a whopping 200 words this morning before admitting that I am going to have to go back to go forward.  I was trying to tough it out and finish the first draft before the alterations but I don't think that's going to fly anymore.  While I'm not going to let the 77k I've done so far go to waste, I'm definitely going to have to go back to the beginning and start changing things.  Note to self for next writing project: Make your main character the MOST detailed, not one of the least.  If I would have known more about Valaric's failure to save Elluria's brother in the north polar tunnels and his reluctance to use the Spear of Enrik afterwords, we wouldn't be in this mess...

In an effort to make maximum use of my creative juices, I am going to attempt a first person noir story concurrent with my changes to Wandering the Web of Worlds.  Look for that in a few days.  I intend on posting the chapters here on my blog as I complete them.

No comments:

Post a Comment