Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The Scooba Blog - part 2

The Scooba has been running for at least 45 minutes now.  Here are some observations:
  1. The Scooba tells you when it's water needs changing.  This is great considering you don't want to be scrubbing your floor with dirty water.
  2. The Scooba drives over the dirtiest areas multiple times.  Since I occasionally drip coffee on the floor in a nearly comatose state, this is great.
  3. Belle doesn't hate/fear the Scooba as much as she does the Roomba.  While she clearly dislikes it, I don't think she thinks the Scooba is going to eat her treats.

Conclusion:
For the lazy man, the Scooba is the only way to get the kitchen floor clean.  Does it do as good a job as I would in the equivalent amount of time?  No.  Does it do better than I would by sitting in front of the computer and not scrubbing the floor?  Hell yes.  If you're a stickler for cleanliness, the Scooba (and the Roomba, for that matter) is not for you.  If you're the kind of person who likes to say "Fuck it.  That's clean enough for today.  I can always run the robot again tomorrow," you'll be satisfied with the Scooba.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to research how difficult it is to glue a curling shingle back down.  Damn wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment