Friday, October 29, 2010

The Last Friday Before NaNoWriMo - Complications

I'm working from home today and I'll tell you why.  Last night, Carrie's feet were cold so I decided to fire up the furnace rather than tough it out until November 1st.  Fat chance.  The furnace wouldn't kick on no matter what I did.  So I resolved to call the heating and cooling company I use.  Not a huge deal.

This morning, I went to take a shower and discovered my "hot" water was only a degree or two warmer than the cold.  So now I'm working and killing time until the HVAC place opens so I can get my furnace looked at and likely a new water heater.  At least it all happened BEFORE NaNoWriMo.  Until the furnace gets fixed, I think I'm going to bake things to warm up the house a bit and drink herbal tea to heat up my innards.  It's hard to type when your fingers are cold.

In writing news, I'm scheduled for a writer's meeting with Big E tonight.  I had one with him last year before NaNoWriMo started and it helped me sort things out.

I spent a lot of time yesterday on the way home from work dealing with the motivations of the crew of the Silver Scarab.  I think their relationships will fall apart once they take some of the Hule on board and begin the journey back to Ur, possibly with a fire breaking out or some weird space storm.

2 comments:

  1. ugh. that sucks about the water heater and furnace. And yes, typing with cold fingers sucks so damn hard

    ReplyDelete
  2. The heater's fixed. Looks like I'll be showering at my parents' or my gf's the next two days though.

    ReplyDelete