Saturday, October 23, 2010

Breakfast Ruined!

This morning, I had my heart set on French toast for breakfast.  My electric griddle enables me to do six pieces at a time so it's much more efficient than doing it in the skillet.  Before I was even out of bed, I remembered that I ate the last of the bread yesterday for lunch.  After much wailing and gnashing of teeth, I regrouped and decided to make pancakes.  I'd just cracked two eggs and poured in the mix when I noticed black specks in the bowl. 

The sight staring back at me from the depths of the bowl immediately went back to a traumatic experience.  I was almost done eating a bow of Crispix when I noticed a tiny insect on one of the pieces.  It was a weevil!  I stirred my bowl and found others, then wondered how many I'd devoured while I was engrossed in reading the side of the cereal box.

After reliving that childhood nightmare, I dumped the mix into the trash and proceeded to tear apart my pantry, tossing anything suspected of being contaminated.  The rice went, the pasta, the other two boxes of pancake mix that proved to have vermin gleefully playing in it, all went into the trash bag.  Now my pantry is even more bare than before but at least it's clean.

I took Belle over for some exercise this morning.  Pictures are forthcoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment