Friday, October 15, 2010

Nanowrimo vs. The Yardwork

Every year, as I gear up for NaNoWriMo, one obstacle looms over my head like the Sword of Damocles: my yard.  Five acres is a good size yard, even in my rural area, but mine is studded with trees, trees that conspire to drop their leaves around November 1st ever year.  Every year I resolve to do away with them before NaNoWriMo kicks off.  Every year I find something else to occupy my time.  This weekend, I shall attempt to take care of things.  On the plus side, working in the yard always gives me time to think.

One thing I'm struggling with regarding Wandering the Web of Worlds is how many people I want on the Silver Scarab when it leaves Ur for the great black beyond.  I don't want to stock it with red shirts ala Star Trek, although the pseudo-Mongol wizard will be bringing a few archers along.

Since I haven't posted it before, here's the back cover blurb for my Nano novel:
Wandering the Web of Worlds:

At the behest of the High Oligarch, the Confederation of Magicians launches an expedition to the moon, long thought to be a dead world. The magicians build a vessel, the Silver Scarab, and find out that everything they thought they knew about the cosmos was wrong. Meanwhile, Fenlock, a stowaway upon the Silver Scarab, falls in lust with the purple woman they encounter and decides to do whatever it takes to give her a good rogering. Little do they know that their every action is drawing unwanted attention to their forgotten world...

No comments:

Post a Comment