Monday, April 19, 2010

The Post Weekend Show

The weekend flew by too fast, as usual. Carrie finished up her classes on Saturday so yesterday was Girlfriend Appreciation Day. I arrived at her house and made grilled cheese sandwiches with turkey on them for lunch, then threw a pork shoulder in the crock pot for a dinner of pulled pork. We went to Washington Park and did the One Thousand Steps trail. It was a mile and a half but a great portion of it was steps on a steep hill. The woods were really green and the path was tramped down enough that we didn't get overrun with ticks. We finished the trail fairly quickly and decided to take the Possum Trail until it hit the road. We wound up doing the whole thing. Photos were posted last night.

Dinner went okay. The pork seemed to take forever to get done. It wasn't the best pork I ever pulled but it did the job. The cake I made afterwords made up for it.

I got the new Slackers cd, the Great Rocksteady Swindle, in the mail today, along with an extra sleeve signed by Dave, Vic, and Ara. I'm about halfway through the CD and I'm already liking it as much as Peculiar.

No comments:

Post a Comment