Thursday, September 23, 2010

Hobbit Day (and the things bothering me on Hobbit Day)

At some point since the Lord of the Rings frenzy kicked off in the 60's, today was made Hobbit day.  I guess now I have an excuse to lounge around bare-footed this evening.  Like I mentioned way back here, Lord of the Rings isn't one of my favorites, mostly due to the inferior imitations that have glutted the field ever since.

I don't think I mentioned this before but, like many boys, I was a tremendous dinosaur enthusiast as a lad.  This morning on Yahoo News, I noticed an article about new dinos being discovered in Utah.  Imagine my "shock" when I notice when I notice most of the comments are about God creating the universe in seven days and the scientists being wrong.  Sigh. 

After months of drinking tea at work, I had two cups of coffee this morning to complement the donuts Joe brought in.  I'm surprised at how intense the caffeine infusion from the coffee was.  How did I not notice this before?  How have I subsisted on tea for so many weeks?  And how can I go back to tea tomorrow?

On a closing note, I think pork is the most romantic of the meats.  Bacon, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment