Friday, September 24, 2010

Fish Fry Eve

The most romantic holiday of the year, the Schwent Family and Friends Fish Fry, is nearly upon us.  Visions of fried fish, hushpuppies, onion rigs, and fried potatoes are dancing through my head.

Yeah, that armadillo is getting pretty ripe.  I don't think the local scavengers know quite what to do with it.  Buzzards are circling and flies are buzzing.  I saw a fox in the vicinity.  If fables are any indication, he'll swindle the others out of the boodle and be well-fed for a few days.

I think I moved one step closer to being a book blogger a few minutes ago.  I accepted a friend request from something called The Cadence Group, some kind of collective that sends books out to reviewers.  I looked at Cadence's friends and saw everyone that's normally ahead of me in the top 50 reviewers every week.  We'll see how this plays out.

Carrie should be here soon, just in time for the corn muffins to come out of the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment