Saturday, June 30, 2012

Camp NaNoWriMo - Day 30

Here I am, squeezing in some writing before most of the world wakes up before I start packing to leave Camp NaNoWriMo.

Hard to believe June is almost over.  Things changed quite a bit for me since the month started but I think they've all been good changes in the long run.

The writing is going well.  I got up at 4:30 and started writing while listening to Jimi Hendrix almost immediately.  I know I've got at least 10 chapters to go, possibly more.  Jack's visiting his mom for the first time in months.  I'm not sure where he's going when he leaves.

Here's an excerpt that I like even though it's not hard boiled like the last one:

I looked at my mom and smiled. Her hair was almost white. She'd given up on dying it after my dad died. Still, she looked closer to fifty than seventy. Every little boy thought his mother was the most beautiful woman in the world at some point. I was sure mine actually was, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment