Sunday, June 17, 2012

Camp NaNoWriMo - Day 17

The day started off on the wrong foot.  I managed to get up at 4:30 and made it to the Castor River Shut Ins by 6.  However, it rained last night and the sky was overcast so I was unable to get the sunrise pictures I wanted.  Also, people were camped along the trail instead of at the designated camping area so I was unable to find the ruins of an old mill my hiking book alleges is there.  I guess I'll have to try again next weekend.

From there I went to the White Oak trail at Hawn State Park.  Apart from a particularly photogenic turtle, the White Oak trail has nothing to recommend it.  Next time I go to Hawn, I'll be hitting the south loop of the Whispering Pines trail.

On the writing front, I've written about 1000 words this morning but seem to be blocked at the moment.  I think I'll do some much needed cleaning and try to free up whatever is clogging my brain.  I figured out a little more of the ending this morning.  Getting there is going to be an uphill climb, I'm afraid.

No comments:

Post a Comment