Saturday, December 4, 2010

Time to start setting the alarm clock again

Remember when I used to be productive on my days off?  I slept until 7:30 the past two days instead of rising early and getting things done.  I don't know that I actually accomplished anything yesterday other than buying a couple Christmas presents.  I combed through chapter 4 of the second draft but did very little actual writing.  So, here's the to-do list for today:
  • Take Belle over for her exercise
  • Get a new oven timer
  • Buy groceries
  • At least outline the new chapter 5 (in which Valaric visits Ebeneezer Froad to enlist his aid.  Froad's going to take a more central road in draft #2, making his death on Nal Sakaar even more poignant.)
  • Put up the new shower curtain
  • Make some progress in Shooting Star/Spiderweb, the Hard Case double.  Once I finish it, I'll only have six Hard Cases left to read before I'm caught up.
In other news, I don't know what the hell happened but I had some crazy dreams last night.  In one, Carrie made me go to a transvestite bar, and in another I had a puppy that looked just like Belle did when she was a few months old.  His name was Phillip.  Another one featured a lot of crawdads climbing out of a lake and trying to come after me.  In the same dream, I also said I was a survivor and could explore Tokyo on my own.  No idea where that came from.

No comments:

Post a Comment