Thursday, December 16, 2010

Blog post #250 - The Ice Storm

So last night I was so engrossed with reading that I was completely unaware it had been freezing raining for hours until I took Belle out.  Sure enough, every concrete or asphalt surface was coated with ice.  This morning, I debated attempting to get out of the neighborhood until I busted my ass on the sidewalk.  Today, I am working from home.

I should have bought some groceries yesterday.  As it stands, I will be eating waffle fries for brunch.  Lucky for me, my mom gave me a sirloin roast from their half a beef so I threw it in the crockpot, along with a bottle of beer, an envelope of onion soup mix, a can of cream of mushroom soup, and a can of sierra mist.  I can't smell it yet but I'm anticipating deliciousness.  The cream of mushroom soup should really contribute to the gravification process.

After not winning any Goodreads giveaways for over two years, I won another one this week.  It's called Lick Your Neighbor and it's by Chris Genoa, an author I've been curious about for years.  My good karma must finally be kicking in.

No comments:

Post a Comment