Wednesday, August 18, 2010

So...

Does reviewing someone's book on Goodreads in exchange for a free copy of the book make me a professional reviewer? Funny, I don't feel all that professional...

Last week, a writer who shall remain nameless send me a message on Goodreads asking if I'd like a free copy of his book to review, which I'm assuming means he saw me on the top 50 list of reviewers last week. I said I would because, hey, it's a free book.

Now I have the book in my hands. At first glance, it doesn't seem to be too bad. The subject matter isn't what I usually read but it looks like a quickie, even at 400 pages. Then I looked him up on Goodreads and people are saying what a douche he is and how he personally attacks anyone who submits an unfavorable review for his stuff. Should be an interesting experience once I read it and submit a review.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! I enjoy your reviews and reserve lots of books at the library based on what you say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I wish I would have been reviewing books all along on Goodreads instead of starting last year.

    ReplyDelete