Sunday, August 22, 2010

Junk Drawer Sunday

I was moving my Salvador Dali print when something went wrong and I needed to rework the wire and the hangers on the back.  Even though I didn't want anything to do with it, I had to dig into the junk drawer.

Junk drawer.  Everyone has at least one, the haven of things not of obvious use but too precious to be thrown away.  I started rummaging around, only coming up for air an hour later.  I did not find the picture hanging wire I was looking for.  I did, however, find the following items.

- miscellaneous screws
- a pin for the deck of my lawn mower
- eleven pairs of sunglasses, two of which were still useable
- two christmas gift wallets, neither used
- six pocket knives
- five tubes of chapstick, most barely used
- books of matches from assorted bars
- three small notepads
- a brand new nail clippers

I threw away about half the conents of the junk drawer.  Now I can get back to accumulating small bits and baubles.

FYI, I used some strong fishing line to temporarily secure the Dali.  I'll get some wire after I get some pictures suitable for hanging above my TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment