Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Weirdest Thing That Happened in Hot Springs

So we were playing Scrabble in our cushy Comfort Inn lair when Carrie proclaimed she was experiencing a serious milk jones.  Fortunately for us, a Walgreen's happened to share the same parking lot.  It is at this point that I should mention I was wearing a black tshirt with a green Superman emblem on it.  We braved the Hot Springs evening and trudged over to the Walgreen's.  While we were perusing the cooler, a couple girls approached us.

The first one said "This is going to sound weird."  I may have grinned at those words.

"My friend is a huge Superman fan and we want to buy your shirt."  Sure enough, the other girl was wearing a blue Superman tshirt with the classic emblem.  It was one of those weathered-looking shirts that I hate.

"What?" I asked.

"We want to buy your shirt.  Ten bucks and you strip it off in the middle of Walgreen's."

"I don't think so," I said.  It was only the second time I'd worn the shirt and I was quite fond of it.

"20 bucks.  You can get a University of Arkansas shirt off the rack for five and keep the other fifteen.  Are you telling me you're going to pass up this offer?"

"Looks that way," I said.  Carrie and I paid for the milk and left.

4 comments:

  1. That's crazy! I can't say I've ever had anything close to that experience before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If they'd gone up to $30, I might have done it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome. I once gave a friend who was moving away the jeans I was wearing - she asked for them as we were saying farewell and i took em off without a second thought. i wish I hadnt though. They were nice jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really good pair of jeans is hard to find sometimes. "I'll miss you but I'd miss these jeans more."

    ReplyDelete