Monday, March 21, 2011

Does this make me a professional writer? Probably not.

Sometime in September, I created a survey on Survey Monkey in order for everyone in my graduating class to pick a date for our 15th (really?  when did I get this old?) class reunion.  A few weeks ago, Survey Monkey sent me a customer satisfaction survey with a testamonial section, saying I could win an Amazon gift card for filling it out.  I did and praised the simian overlords for creating such a survey tool.  Just a few minutes ago, I received an email from Survey Monkey saying I won the $50!  I like to think the content of my testamonial had something to do with it and it wasn't just a random drawing.

So, to date, I've received the following for my writing endeavors:
  1. Three galley proofs from Createspace, courtesy of NaNoWriMo
  2. a review copy of Mornings in Jenin by Susan Abulhawa
  3. a review copy of Permanent Obscurity by Richard Perez
  4. a review copy of The Wizard of Oz Code by Mitch Hancock
  5. a $50 Amazon gift card.
Now if you'll excuse me, I need to find 50 bucks worth of crap to buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment