Friday, March 4, 2011
Gone But Not Forgotten - 5 Shows that should still be making new episodes
1. Arrested Development - Ever notice how often this show is on FX and IFC? Come on! Arrested paved the way for Modern Family and brought Will Arnett and Michael Cera into the public eye and it's funnier than 99% of the "comedies" on TV right now.
2. Action! - This poor little show never got the chance. Jay Mohr as an angry douchebag movie producer? What's not to like?
3. Flight of the Conchords - Who likes to the rock the party? I like to the rock the party. Where else can you see two deadpan New Zealanders trying to get by as musicians in New York? Extra points for the David Bowie episode in season one.
4. Seinfeld - Every time there's a big event in the media, I wonder how the Seinfelders would handle things. Curb Your Enthusiasm is pretty Seinfeld-esque but it isn't quite the same.
5. Blackadder - I've got a plan so cunning you could brush your teeth with it! Now that they're working on a new season of Red Dwarf, Blackadder is the British humor show that I'm missing the most. Maybe they could get Hugh Laurie to do a few episodes. After all, he was in every episode in Blackadder III and Blackadder IV.