Friday, March 4, 2011

Gone But Not Forgotten - 5 Shows that should still be making new episodes


1. Arrested Development - Ever notice how often this show is on FX and IFC?  Come on!  Arrested paved the way for Modern Family and brought Will Arnett and Michael Cera into the public eye and it's funnier than 99% of the "comedies" on TV right now.

2. Action! - This poor little show never got the chance.  Jay Mohr as an angry douchebag movie producer?  What's not to like?

3. Flight of the Conchords - Who likes to the rock the party?  I like to the rock the party.  Where else can you see two deadpan New Zealanders trying to get by as musicians in New York?  Extra points for the David Bowie episode in season one.

4. Seinfeld - Every time there's a big event in the media, I wonder how the Seinfelders would handle things.  Curb Your Enthusiasm is pretty Seinfeld-esque but it isn't quite the same.

5. Blackadder - I've got a plan so cunning you could brush your teeth with it!  Now that they're working on a new season of Red Dwarf, Blackadder is the British humor show that I'm missing the most.  Maybe they could get Hugh Laurie to do a few episodes.  After all, he was in every episode in Blackadder III and Blackadder IV.

13 comments:

  1. I do know 2 of these shows...that's one more than you knew of mine. hehe. Okay so I am rubbing it in! anyway, the ones I don't know are Arrested Development, Action! and Flight of the Conchords - even if I have heard of both of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone loves Arrested Development, and tons of people freaked when it went off the air, so I don't know why they cancelled it.

    What's you're favorite Flight of the Conchords song? I like Beautiful Girl and The Humans are Dead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a really tough question. Beatutiful Girl or Mutha Uckas, probably. My favorite one to sing in the car is Rhymenocerous vs. Hiphopopotamus.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Action! Nice choice, I miss arrested development.

    Great list, thanks for joining in on the fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for hosting the Blogfest.

    If Action! would have been on HBO instead of Fox, it probably would have lasted five seasons or more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've listed a couple I've never heard of--and now want to check out.

    Gotta love SEINFELD!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with Liz. I did love Seinfeld.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Arrested Development and Seinfeld were awesome shows. I miss them! (Thank goodness for syndication and NetFlix!)

    Great list! Looking forward to reading more from you :))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Blackadder! Great choice, forgot about that! I think Rowan Atkinson is better in that than in Mr Bean!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Me too. Atkinson shows quite a bit of range in the various Blackadder versions.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Action! and Black Adder are great choices! Awesome list!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Arrested Development is one of my most favorites. I quote it all the time. Good stuff. I hope the rumors of a movie are true.

    ReplyDelete
  13. New Zealand likes to rock the party!

    LOVE your list.

    ReplyDelete