Saturday, March 12, 2011

Sycamore Saturday

When I was a wee lad of eleven, there was a specific tree I sought out when walking in the woods.  It was a tall sycamore tree with a lot of low-hanging branches, perfect for an aspiring monkey like myself to climb.  I know I reached heights upwards of thirty feet on several different occasions.  Today, I walked past the spot where I remembered the tree being.  Oh, it was still there, but all of the low hanging branches were gone.  The lowest limb was about five feet above my head.  I'm sure there's a lesson there about not being able to return to your childhood.

I took Belle over to my parents' this morning for her exercise and we both returned worn out.  I'm not sure how many miles we walked through the woods but it felt like a lot.  I didn't find any geodes or interesting rocks but I did get  picture of a chipmunk.  Belle found piece of a carcass but it must not have had much flavor left since she didn't protest terribly when I told her to leave it alone.

Belle and I crashed for a nap shortly after returning home.  I find it amazing how refreshed I feel after a twenty minute power nap. 

No comments:

Post a Comment