Friday, August 12, 2011

Camp NaNoWriMo - Day 12: The Real Friday!

Real Friday's are awesome.  Not like that fake Friday yesterday morning that nearly broke my heart.

I did some outlining last night but not as much as I wanted to.  I did email James Steele about the Felix contest.  I figured it would be easier to find out if Felix had a landlord from James than skim the book myself.  I've got that one pretty clear in my mind.  I think I'm going to try to bust it out in one whack tonight.  It can be from 400-4000 words and I'm leaning toward the upper part of the range.

Spider Girls in Heat is also ready to roll.  The spider girls names are Loretta and Naomi, the screwup hoodlum's name is Richie Westlake, and the hitman they send out after Richie loses the briefcase is named Johnny Piranha.  He's a cannibal with a grill like Jaws from the James Bond movies.  I may borrow the small town cops from the discarded portion of MLM at some point in the proceedings, as well as throw in a Yakuza element that's also after the briefcase.  It's pretty much going to be a game of "Who has the briefcase?" with a lot of gunplay and car crashes.

Work is still hectic but the light at the end of the tunnel may be in sight.  Let's hope that light isn't on the front a train...

No comments:

Post a Comment