How's that for an obscure reference?
Seven things about me that aren't on my 25 things about me page:
- As far as I know, I'm only allergic to two things: yellowjacket stings and whatever artificial sweetener they use in pre-sweetened Grape Kool-Aide.
- The first time I wrote a 50k+ work, it took me a year and a half. In NaNoWriMo 2010, I was able to write 50k in two weeks
- Related to #2, I have almost as many sizeable novel fragments as I do things I consider finished drafts, the biggest being my 82k unfinished novel from NaNo 2010. Don't let the plot drive the story instead of the characters, kids!
- The only time I've ever been excited about a pair of shoes was a pair of Beatle boots I found at a discount shoe store in 2006 that were $75, marked down from $350. I've since worn them out.
- I once baked my dad a cinnamon roll that was nearly a foot across after he saw such a thing on Man V. Food. I think I may have covered that somewhere in my blog.
- One of my favorite comics of all time is James Robinson's run on Starman. Read it! Buy the omnibuses!
- Every year, I pick something I've been meaning to read and read it during the week between Christmas and New Year's. This year will likely be the Gormenghast Trilogy by Mervyn Peake.
I don't read as many blogs on a regular basis as I should so I won't be able to pass the award on 15 times. Here are five of my favorite writing-related blogs @ bloggers:
- Trisha @ Word + Stuff - I picture Trisha being an Indiana Jones type of character, finding time during her adventures in the Outback to sing and write.
- Krista M @ The Jellybeans of Writing - I wish I'd had my shit together as well as she does at her age. Keep up the good work!
- Teralyn Rose Pilgrim @ A Writer's Journey - Most writer's blogs that aren't mine are pretty informative but TRP makes me laugh on a regular basis. Her account of sneaking into an art musuem is one of my favorite blog entries of all time.
- The East Coaster @ Published in a Year - Consistently informative and entertaining. Pretty bold, too, if you ask me.
- Sarah @ Falen Formulates Fiction - Another blogger I find pretty funny. Also, she has a cool steampunk writing hat.