Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

Here's what I sent my mom early this morning:





She was pretty Nintendo savy back in the day so I think she'll get it.  Damn that Mother Brain was frustrating...

So there was big goddamn explosion at about 5:20 this morning.  It was so loud that I was up and pulling on a pair of paints before I realized what happened.  I heard a siren and then a quieter boom.  I decided it was probably blasting at the quarry not too far from my house.  It was a hell of a way to wake up though.

I visited my parents yesterday so there won't be a visit today.  I did give my mom a couple Harlen Coben novels and a 16 x 20 print of this:
 





Maybe I'll venture out in a few minutes and see if any of the neighbors heard that explosion...

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful photo! LOVE the "card" you sent your mum :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. That was my favorite picture I took in 2010. I wasn't planning on sending my mom any ecards but the Metroid one caught my eye while I was drinking coffee this morning.

    ReplyDelete