Thursday, April 28, 2011

The Gutter

Last night when I got home, I noticed one of my downspouts was clogged and water was flowing over the top and into my flowerbed.  I tried ignoring it but the thought of my gutter breaking off wouldn't leave my head.  Finally, I put down The Egg Said Nothing and went out into the rain.

The yard was spongy but I placed the ladder anyway.  I cautiously climbed up on the roof and was amazed at the amount of sludge that had accumulated in the gutter since late October.  I removed a fistful of decomposing leaves from the downspout and the water rushed out in a torrent.  I started for the ladder but then, since I was already wet, went about cleaning out the other gutters.

I've come to the conclusion that the gutter guards I'm using are flimsy pieces of crap that couldn't guard a pile of cat shit against an unsuspecting shoe.  I guess I'll add gutter guards to my list of projects for tomorrow, right next to sitting around, getting a haircut, and reading.

5 comments:

  1. Cleaning your gutters out when it's already muddy and raining isn't ideal, but hey, at least you prevented further damage! I'm just glad that you were safe. I know cleaning gutters isn't an easy thing to do. I've taken to hiring professional cleaners to do it for me, since I'm busy with my job and my family. It's very convenient, and they do their job very, very well. Clean gutters means a safer home, after all, so it's all very worth it.

    -- Kylee Groves --

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is fascinating reading. I am glad I found this and got to read it. Great job on this content. I liked it a lot. Thanks for the great and unique info. Jupiter Florida gutter company

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is fascinating reading. I am glad I found this and got to read it. Great job on this content. I liked it a lot. Thanks for the great and unique info.clogged rain gutters

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete