Tuesday, May 15, 2012

17 Days until Camp

Camp NaNoWriMo is fast approaching.  I'm feeling underprepared, as I normally  do around this time.  I plan on leaving the plot almost as sketchy as it is now, but I'll come up with a list of things to work in when I get stuck.  I plan on starting the story in St. Louis and taking Whitlock to Yuma, Arizona, Tulsa, Oklahoma, and possibly even the fabled Canadas in his quest for the truth.

I'm pretty sure Whitlock is his name.  I already have a pretty good handle on his personality.  I'm undecided on his first name as of yet.  About all I have etched in stone are the beginning, the ending, and some of the bad things that Whitlock will have happen to him during the investigation.

Other news:
  • I've recently been bitten by the Geocaching bug.  I went looking for my first caches on Sunday and had about a 50% success rate.  I also uncovered a black widow spider and a turtle so I'm calling it a win.  I'm planning on stashing some caches of my own in coming days once I get acceptable containers.  Am I a snob for not wanting to use tupperware?
  • It's also 17 days until a road trip I'm very excited about.  My road trip will have an impact on my writing early on but some things are more important than writing a crazy amount of words in near-record time.
  • I'm still planning on writing a crazy amount of words in near-record time.  I'm shooting for my first 100k work this time though it may take more than 30 days.
  • Still no sales on Society6.  I'm going to keep uploading cool pictures when I have time in the hopes of getting a pity buy one of these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment