Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The Day I Threw My Boots Away

In 2007, I needed a pair of good boots for a winter trip to Canada.  Sure enough, I found a pair on sale at the Shoe Oulet for $25.  Did I get my money's worth?

You bet!  In the past five years, the boots have survived trips to Canada, Michigan, and many different conservation areas in Missouri.  I'd say I've put close to 1000 miles on them all told.

The thing is, they were never particularly good boots.  They weren't all that comfortable, the insulation stained my socks yellow, and a mouse gnawed on them a few times.  They went from being water proof to water resistant to big damn sponges that beg water to come inside and stay a while.

Yesterday, I bought a new pair of boots and threw the old ones in the trash.  Will the new ones live up to the legacy of my discount shoe store hiking boots?  Only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment