Sunday, December 18, 2011

My Dreams are Weird

It started with me in bed with a woman, her head resting on my chest.

"Can you believe we've been together almost eleven months?" she asked.
"Really?  It doesn't feel that long," I said.
"It's been great, though, hasn't it?" she asked.
"I'm not sure.  Now that I think about it, I can't remember anything before this conversation. I think this is a dream."
"Of course it's not a dream!"
"I think it is and I'll prove it," I said.
I grabbed a notepad off the nightstand and wrote my name on the top page.  I held it up so we could both read it but it had already become an unintelligible mass of squiggles.
"See?" I said.

She laughed. "Fine. Just because it's a dream doesn't mean you're going to wake up."

She vanished and the light came on.  Every surface in the bedroom was covered with weird creatures.  They were the size of golf-balls and looked like ladybugs with shrimp tails. They had a red and white pattern on their backs that looked like clown faces.

I tried to force myself awake but couldn't. The beetle-shrimp things starting buzzing and flying around the room. I grabbed a lamp and started smashing the little vermin with it before they could attack me.  Once the last one was gone, I woke up.

I find it really interesting that the logical part of my brain tries to pick my dreams apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment