Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Camp NaNoWriMo - Day 19: Not Much Happening

Work's been hectic so I haven't written anything yet.  I'm also not quite sure what's going to happen in this chapter.  All I know is that Cooper trains for his showdown with Kanemoto and the nuns are having a crisis of faith and end up back at the nunnery.  It's the least exciting chapter I have left.

What have I accomplished today?  I interviewed a candidate for the empty programmer spot in our group with my boss.  It was painful.  I knew it wasn't going to work after three questions but the interview went on another twenty minutes.  I kept doing the move along gesture Roland does in the Dark Tower books.  Two more interviews tomorrow, one without the boss.  Should be interesting.  Both of these candidates look good on paper.  I also discovered my boss's boss uses the phrase "In essence" at least once per phone call he's on.  It gets a little irritating having him in the cube over the wall from mine sometimes.

Oh, I did accomplish something else today.  I came up with yet another story idea I might attempt during August.  It's going to be an homage to Back to the Future with Cthulhu cultists and rednecks.

No comments:

Post a Comment