Sunday, February 13, 2011

Hmm... What's that?

I was contemplating whether to read more of Hyperion or watch Machete when my washer stopped.  I went downstairs and quickly moved the wash into the dryer.  I looked down into the washing machine to make sure I grabbed all the socks.  I didn't.  Sure enough, one of the black socks tried to hide in the washing machine.  I picked it up and flung it into the dryer.  I looked inside the washing machine one more time and saw something else.

It was black but too small to be a sock.  I wracked my brain, trying to figure out what it could be, like a large mass of lint and dog hair or something of that nature.  I reached down and touched it experimentally.  It felt a little slimy, like the hair that gathers on the bathtub draining.  Knowing no good could come of it, I reached down and quickly picked it up...

It was a drowned mouse!  I dropped it into the laundry room trash can and shuddered in disgust.  Once the laundry is dry, I guess I'll be putting out the traps.

2 comments:

  1. OoOoOh... a surprise ending! Probably for the mouse, too. Bummer.

    I came bouncing over here from Falen's blog because, hey... I'm Dangerous, you're Dangerous... it's like... two dangerous people... who... both have blogs.

    Then I saw snow in your pics, and I tried not to die because I'm pretty sure snow is going to be the death of me this year. But, luckily, not today. So you're welcome for not dying on my first visit. (I thought that would be polite since you already dealt with one death this week. I'm totally reasonable like that.)

    So nice to meet ya, come on by my dangerous neck of the woods, we're feasting on red velvet cupcakes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're having a warm spell at the moment. All the snow is almost gone, exposing the swamp underneath. I'm sure we'll get hit again once we get comfortable.

    Crap. I forgot to put out those mousetraps.

    ReplyDelete