Sunday, June 6, 2010

Geek Thoughts

The last few days, I've been getting the urge to run a D&D game for old times' sake. There are several problems with this situation:
  • My old group has scattered to the four winds. I'd have to assemble a new group, which introduces a whole new set of headaches, like which setting or edition to use, compatibility, etc.
  • Time. When would we play the hypothetical adventure? Would we every play more than once? When would I find the time to craft an adventure up to my standards?
  • The hassle factor. This goes hand in hand with the time problem. Running a game is a huge hassle, from scheduling to refreshments.
Hmm. Looking at this list makes me what to run less already. I think I like the creative process of putting a game together more than actually running the game. Oh well. We'll see how this week plays out. If I still feel like running a game next weekend, I may have to start putting wheels in motion.

No comments:

Post a Comment