Thursday, November 7, 2013

Day 7 - Circling The Drain

I woke up this morning knowing I would probably not do any writing today.  Even though I fixed the first chapter, it's still not working of me.  My main character still isn't active enough. I keep wanting to say "Your mother is missing, asshole!  Stop drinking with your best friend from high school."

Another thing that bothers me about the way it is now, Jonah's mother was grooming him to take her place before he ran off.  If that is the case, he should know more about his heritage and the weird goings on in town, not to mention the existence of the portal.

I'm thinking about structuring it into seven 10k chunks, like seven linked Doctor Who episodes.  It seems like his mother should pass him the torch fairly early on, not halfway through the damn book.

Anyway, I'll chew on this stuff today.  Considering I didn't start until the 11th last time I completed a NaNoWriMo event, I'm not too worried about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment